Naturopathic Medicine in Cancer Care
The goal of naturopathic medicine is to create a healthy environment both inside and outside the body. This is especially significant for people with cancer. Naturopathic medicine takes a holistic, or whole- person, approach to cancer care. It makes use of time-tested, scientifically grounded, natural methods to strengthen the body’s ability to heal itself.
The goals of naturopathic medicine for people undergoing cancer treatment include:
- Support normal metabolism during treatment
- Decrease side effects of cancer treatment
- Boost the body’s immune system
- Provide strategies for long term cancer prevention
- Improve energy, well-being and overall quality of life