A Naturopathic Child is a Healthy Child!
Naturopathic medicine and natural remedies work very well in children from infancy through adolescence.
As a rule, the therapies we use at our office are safe, gentle, and non-toxic. Some therapies, such as homeopathy, can even be safely used with newborn infants!
We are trained in knowing which popular adult therapies are contraindicated in children, and know how to recognize and avoid drug-herb interactions.
Effective Natural Solutions
Children tend to respond very well to the safe and gentle approach of natural medicine. Because they haven’t been around as long as adults, very often identifying the root cause and reaching an effective solution is much faster than for adults who may have years and years of layers of compounding factors to complicate their health picture. As with most things in medicine, the sooner you deal with a problem, the easier it is to fix!
Common childhood conditions helped by naturopathic medicine:
Food allergies or food sensitivities
- Seasonal and Environmental allergies (dust, pollen, molds, pets, chemicals, etc.)
- Eczema, hives, and other skin rashes<
- Ear Infections
- Frequent colds, flus, and sore throats
- Stomach aches, diarrhea, constipation, and general digestive health
- Infant colic, teething problems
- Urinary tract infections
Philosophy and Tools used with our Pediatric Patients
- When it comes to working with children, our philosophy is truly preventative. Our goal is to support the child’s normal healthy processes and interfere as little as possible.
- Our office is not a scary place for children to visit. No shots or painful procedures! Many kids look forward to their appointments with us.
- We really love and enjoy our little patients and take great pleasure in their growth, their development and their happiness.
Natural therapies that we use at our clinic that may assist in your child’s health conditions include:
- Identification of underlying food, environmental, or chemical allergies
- Dietary counseling
- Herbal or vitamin supplementation