When flu season is in full swing, we have found these suggestions to be helpful:
- Always do constitutional hydrotherapy (see hydrotherapy section). Once daily, especially before bed.
- When first feeling ill, or as a preventive measure, use Boiron’s homeopathic “Oscillococcinum”. Take a capfull every 2-3 hours if feeling ill, or once daily to prevent the flu. “Airborne” is pretty good, but check the ingrediejnts for possible dietary difficulties.
- If you feel heavy, slow, achy: homeopathic Gelsemium 30c. Take a dose hourly if it helps.
- For deep bone pain/ache: homeopathic Eupatorium 30c; hourly as needed.
- For that cough that can’t quite get that sticky mucous our of your chest, that comes in paroxysms of deep cough, try homeopatic Antimonium tart, 30c.
- If you are feeling, irritable, nauseus, and very chilled, try homeopathic Nux vomica 30c.
- If you are feeling weak, sweaty, and hot but seek more heat: blankets or a hot water bottle, take homeopathic Arsenicum alb. 30c.
- If you are feeling feverish, use Elder flower and Yarrow, tinctures or teas. Make a cup of tea from equal parts of the ground flowers, or add about 60 drops of the mixed tinctures into a cup of hot water. Drink just before or in a hot bath. You’ll sweat the illness out.
- If these don’t fit, give us a call at 360-823-8121 and we’ll make a custom medicine for you and send it to you.